Skip to main content

Humbled


Heather Grant <heather@themodernquiltguild.com>

Mon 2018-12-17, 7:08 AM


You
Dear Bill,
Congratulations! Your entry, For the Oppression of LGBTG2 Communities, We Apologize (#1048), has been selected by our panel of jurors to be displayed at QuiltCon 2019! Additionally, your quilt (unless you selected "for exhibit only") will be eligible to win prizes and awards from our many sponsors.


On November 28, 2017, Prime Minister Trudeau delivered a public apology to LGBTQ2 Canadians.

He struggled to hold back tears as he spoke that day. I wept openly. 
That text is embedded in this quilt.
I can't read it without tears.
This quilt is a celebration of that speech. And a thank you.
It represents a defining moment for Canada. 
And for me. After a lifetime of feeling less than, of living in fear, of feeling out of place, I finally knew that I was valued, that I was safe and that I had a respected place in my country.


Comments