I'm too new to quilt making to store my quilts in a trunk, so I call what I do ... a BackPack Show.
I'm a quilt maker, but I'm also a storyteller. I was a storyteller first.
I came to quilt making in my mid 60s!
I've struggled with storytelling as a way to make sense of my life for many years. Quilt making seems to be the medium that just works best.
For my Virtual BackPack show, I'll have about 25 quilts, presented in professionally made photographs, and tell their stories for about an hour. I'll allow ample time afterwards to answer questions
Cost for 'Not For Profit' Guilds, for the 2023’24 season ...
BackPack show ... $300
To book, email me email@example.com
Here's a Partial List of Where I Have Given My BackPack Show ...
- Prince Edward County Quilters' Guild
- Limestone Quilt Guild
- Quilts at the Creek
- Thames Valley Quilters' Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Quinte Quilters Guild
- Kemptville Quilters Guild
- Napanee Quilters Guild
- London Friendship Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Upper Canada Quilters' Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Trent Valley Quilters' Guild
- Ottawa Modern Quilters' Guild
- Parrott Gallery, Belleville ON
- Kawartha Quilt Makers
- Ottawa Valley Quilters
- Common Thread Quilters' Guild
- … and MANY more!
From Instagram - Aug 27, 2019
I got my CQA magazine today. Saw the picture of your quilt in the Juried Show booklet that they included. I think your quilt is gorgeous. I also love the write up. The words let people connect with who you are because you dare to let people see who you are. You are so real. Keep it up. I love seeing your quilts in juried shows! You are gifted.