I'm too new to quilt making to store my quilts in a trunk, so I call what I do ... a BackPack Show.
I'm a quilt maker, but I'm also a storyteller. I was a storyteller first. I mean, I came to quilt making in my mid 60s!
I've struggled with storytelling as a way to make sense of my life for many years. Quilt making seems to be the medium that just works best.
For my BackPack show, I'll bring over 20 quilts and tell their stories for about an hour. I'll stick around after to answer questions and for hugs, tears, laughter, whatever. Like most quilt makers, I love to talk about my work!
BackPack show alone ... $200 + travel ($.55/km - using google maps distances OR for greater distances, the cost of train or plane fare, which ever is cheapest) + motel/hotel accommodation if needed
To book, email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Where I Have Given My BackPack Show ...
- Prince Edward County Quilters' Guild
- Limestone Quilt Guild
- Quilts at the Creek
- Thames Valley Quilters' Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Quinte Quilters Guild
- Kemptville Quilters Guild
- Napanee Quilters Guild
- London Friendship Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Upper Canada Quilters' Guild (with DD9P Variations workshop)
- Trent Valley Quilters' Guild
- Ottawa Modern Quilters' Guild
- Parrott Gallery, Belleville ON
- Kawartha Quilt Makers
- Ottawa Valley Quilters
- Common Thread Quilters' Guild