Skip to main content

Playing With Japanese Fabrics

I have this wonderful bin of Japanese fabrics that I've collected, mostly from my friends at Kallisti Quilts.
I had no idea what I'd ever do with them.

Then, I came across Tula Pink's City Sampler book on a shelf in my studio, and an idea began to gel.

I don't usually like patterns ... or projects that take a long time ... but this idea is totally fun!


Tula Pink is known for her bright, modern colours.  
So ... I decided that the dichotomy of a Tula  quilt ... made with traditional Japanese fabrics ... would definitely keep me smiling.

I'm doing the blocks whenever I have just a few minutes to sew, and as a warm-up exercise before longer sewing sessions.


Here are the first nine blocks out of the 100.
I can't believe how much I am enjoying this!

Comments