- PATTERNS For Sale
- CONTRACT - Blank Form For Download
- BackPack Show
- WORKSHOP - Double Disappearing 9-Patch Variations
- WORKSHOP - Premeditated Improv ... three days of workshops that work together ... or independently!
- WORKSHOP - Surviving January
- I Have Something to Say - words in my quilts
- Artist's Bio
Sunday, 21 May 2017
Playing With Japanese Fabrics
I have this wonderful bin of Japanese fabrics that I've collected, mostly from my friends at Kallisti Quilts.
I had no idea what I'd ever do with them.
Then, I came across Tula Pink's City Sampler book on a shelf in my studio, and an idea began to gel.
I don't usually like patterns ... or projects that take a long time ... but this idea is totally fun!
Tula Pink is known for her bright, modern colours.
So ... I decided that the dichotomy of a Tula quilt ... made with traditional Japanese fabrics ... would definitely keep me smiling.
I'm doing the blocks whenever I have just a few minutes to sew, and as a warm-up exercise before longer sewing sessions.
Here are the first nine blocks out of the 100.
I can't believe how much I am enjoying this!