- PATTERNS For Sale
- CONTRACT - Blank Form For Download
- BackPack Show
- WORKSHOP - Double Disappearing 9-Patch Variations
- WORKSHOP - Premeditated Improv ... three days of workshops that work together ... or independently!
- WORKSHOP - Surviving January
- I Have Something to Say - words in my quilts
- Artist's Bio
Saturday, 6 June 2015
When I was working on 'At Peace', I reflected on the life experiences that brought me total peace with the Universe; with my God, But then I decided that those moments just didn't tell the whole story.
When my partner died after a nasty bout with cancer I saw, and felt, that moment of peace at his passing. But there soon followed anger at the disease, loss, loneliness and a myriad of not so peaceful emotions and memories. They were part of our life, and it had been a good life!
I came to the realization that the moments of being at peace didn't tell the whole story. So I made this quilt. The background is made from one fabric, but cut to show the many other aspects of a life. It is an exact mirror of 'At Peace', which just seemed right to me.
It tells 'The Rest of the Story' ... about a life that was good.