Skip to main content

Mod Squad 2016: International Quilt Festival/Chicago

My World has been selected for inclusion in the special exhibit Mod Squad 2016: International Quilt Festival/Chicago.




Artist's Statement ...

This quilt started as play at a men's quilting retreat in Vermont, using up bits left over from other quilts.  As it grew, it quickly took on a life of its own, and it began to remind me a lot of my own life.

I live with Attention Deficit Disorder and the variety in colour, the randomness, the undisciplined nature of the arrangement, the pops of bright colours, the ever changing shape, the movement and flow, the joy ... all captured in a sea of happiness ... that is my world; the way my world feels to me.

I smilled all of the time that I worked on this quilt, and I still smile when I look at it today.  It reminds me that ... life is good.


Comments