Skip to main content

It all started in March 2014 when ...

Here is an account of how it started lifted from my old blog ... willowgardenshetlands.blogspot.ca


Without going into a lot of boring and gory details, I developed a VERY severe case of Cellulitis in my lower left leg and foot.  It seemed resistant to most antibiotics and I ended up hospitalized for ten days.  They were pretty sure that it was, or would become Flesh Eating Disease.  It was not, and did not ... :-)
Because of related blistering, I ended up having the skin layer removed and had second degree wounds over 75% of my left leg from the knee to the toes.


When I left the hospital, I needed a walker with wheels, and a human body to support me, in order to get around.  
Larry has been a SAINT through all of this, and I am filled with love, joy, and gratitude at having him in my life.

The recovery has been slow, and I have to stay off of my feet for much of the day.  This was NOT a good thing for me, with my ADHD!!

So ...
I had a wee sewing machine that Larry bought me for Christmas.  I had always wanted to quilt ... and it seemed TOO easy to buy fabric on-line.  I discovered that I could cut fabric and sew while sitting down, and even with my left foot raised for much of the time.

And thus, began my addiction to quilting and fabric ...
:-)

Oh ...
My recovery has continued nicely.  Today, ten weeks later ... I walk without even using a cane, and rarely even with a limp.  The pain, and Cellulitis is almost gone.  I will be on oral antibiotics for just one more week.  The skin on my leg has regrown without plastic surgery ...
AND ... for the past week ... I have actually FELT GOOD!!

Today, I am most thankful ... that I am able to get up twice in the night and walk to the bathroom, rather than having to use this urinal!
:-)


I am filled with gratitude for the opportunities that life continues to present to me every day!  

Oh, my perspective on what I am grateful for has changed significantly ... but ... my goal is to always feel this grateful!




Life is good.

Comments