- PATTERNS For Sale
- CONTRACT - Blank Form For Download
- BackPack Show
- WORKSHOP - Double Disappearing 9-Patch Variations
- WORKSHOP - Premeditated Improv ... three days of workshops that work together ... or independently!
- WORKSHOP - Surviving January
- I Have Something to Say - words in my quilts
- Artist's Bio
Friday, 17 June 2016
For Orlando Modern Quilt Guild
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got a tonne of birthday wishes via the internet. These messages came at the most perfect time!
For days, I have been trying to respond to the act of hate that killed so many of my ‘tribe’ in Orlando.
I don’t understand hate. I don’t know how to respond to hate. But I knew that I had to do something or that hate would suck me in and I would hate back.
So I decided to make a quilt for the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild. They are coordinating the collection of quilts for the survivors, the families of the victims, and the first responders.
All day, while I sewed, my computer ‘dinged’ with birthday wishes. All day, I read them and poured their love into my quilt. There is so much love in this quilt, thanks to all of those loving birthday messages!
And during the process, I started to see that love is so much stronger than hate.
Love over hate. Always.