- PATTERNS For Sale
- CONTRACT - Blank Form For Download
- BackPack Show
- WORKSHOP - Double Disappearing 9-Patch Variations
- WORKSHOP - Premeditated Improv ... three days of workshops that work together ... or independently!
- WORKSHOP - Surviving January
- I Have Something to Say - words in my quilts
- Artist's Bio
Thursday, 28 January 2016
It's Clouds' Illusions I Recall ... I Really Don't Know Clouds At All
Quilt making is very personal for me. Each quilt tells a part on my life story.
When I set out to explore the Drunkards' Path block, I found that I couldn't get Flying Geese out of my head, so I created a block that I call Flying Drunkards. The flying drunkards are made with my own hand dyed fabric. I had a good time growing this quilt.
But as I worked on this quilt, I realized that it is a reflection of my life and the memories of my life; an attempt to make sense of it all. It has been a colourful life, somewhat disjointed, often a bit chaotic, but so much of what I remember is hazed over, as if by clouds. I know that it has been a good life ... I think ... but all that I can see are clouds.
It seems after all these years, Joni Mitchell had said it all ... 'It's clouds illusions I recall. I really don't know clouds, at all.'
Quilting by Deanna Gaudaur.
Photography by Mike Gaudaur.